A 2018 study conducted by cybersecurity firm “Irdeto” found that a total of 37% of gamers confessed to cheating in online games and that 88% of gamers have had negative experiences because of it. Due to the harsh reality of hacking, anti-cheat integrations have become a necessary implementation for any online/multiplayer-focused game. New World Interactive has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and all account bans are taken extremely seriously.
One of our primary beliefs in regards to making games is to maintain a strong level of balance and integrity. With these values in mind, we have integrated BattlEye Anti-Cheat within Insurgency. BattlEye is tasked with the responsibility of detecting and preventing the use of third-party tools that are designed and used to grant players an unfair in-game advantage.
While BattlEye is a fantastic tool that our team utilizes to improve user experience, sometimes certain hacks can slip through the cracks, and on rare occasions, unjust action can take place. In the unlikely event of a false positive, please follow the instructions listed below on how to appeal a player ban.
1. Review BattlEye's Policy Governing Account Bans
- Before proceeding with your appeal, BattlEye highly recommends that you read through the “Important Warning Regarding Global Bans” section of their website.
2. E-mail your Ban Appeal to email@example.com
- If you are globally banned, please include your exact global ban ID in your appeal. The ID is shown in your global ban message (“Global Ban #ID”).
- Remember to be as descriptive as possible when providing information that could support your appeal. Please provide relevant images/video if you are able.
- If your Steam account was compromised, we recommend that you go through Steam Support first.
3. Submit Appeal and Await Response
- Once you’ve finished writing up your appeal, simply send out your e-mail. Your appeal will then be sent to Easy Anti-Cheat Customer Support for review!
- The general response time may vary from 3 to 14 days.
AVOIDING UNJUST BANS
Just like detecting and fighting hacking, efficient anti-cheat optimization continues to be an ongoing priority within the industry. This is an aspect of gaming that is constantly improving as the community continues to report new exploits. To help avoid unjust bans while playing Insurgency Sandstorm, we suggest that you play only on trusted machines/servers. It is also important to make sure that you use caution when installing any 3rd party software that could have an impact on the game or the Easy Anti-Cheat client. Proper password management is always recommended as well, in order to mitigate the possibility of hackers getting into and using your account as a means to cheat in the game.